The first of five shows reviewing the songs competing in the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest. This week, we have Ann Squires of ESC Armchair joining us as our first special guest judge as we look at the songs in the first half of Semi-final 1.
We also take time to pay tribute to both Katie Boyle and Lys Assia after their recent passing.
The songs reviewed in this episode:
- Albania: Eugent Bushpepa – “Mall”
- Azerbaijan: Aisel – “X My Heart”
- Belarus: Alekseev – “Forever”
- Belgium: Sennek – “A Matter Of Time”
- Bulgaria: Equinox – “Bones”
- Czech Republic: Mikolas Josef – “Lie To Me”
- Estonia: Elina Nechayeva – “La forza”
- Iceland: Ari Ólafsson – “Our Choice”
- Israel: Netta – “Toy”
- Lithuania: Ieva Zasimauskaitė – “When We’re Old”
Individual reviews of the entries can be found in our YouTube playlist!
If you want to contribute to the public scoring in our reviews, you can send in your scores on our Voting page!
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @ESCpulse, like us on our Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Please spread the love with this site, sharing is caring! x
One thought on “ESC Pulse Podcast: ESC 2018 Review – Semi 1 (part 1)”
Listening to this podcast, I can’t stop laughing from your comments on Netta’s song in general and on Netta in specific! She was (and still is) amazing, the song was (and still is) amazing, she nailed the performance and she was ESC’s 2018 the most deserved winner.